Tuesday 17 April 2012

Manchester Fashion Week; Day 5

I can only apologise for how long it's taken me to put up this post of Friday's shows at Fashion Week! It wasn't because I got distracted when editing some of the photos, (ok, actually that was a part of it but have you SEEN those male models?!) my dissertation was in yesterday and that just seemed to take over my life! But now that's done and dusted, here it is!

As mentioned in my last post, Friday was the last day of Manchester Fashion Week and to celebrate the close of a successful week, the shows were all about underwear and swimwear from celebrities-cum-designers. The first show of the day came from model turned Womens lingerie and swimwear designer, Caprice. I remembered seeing Caprice's collection at the Clothes show in Birmingham quite a few years back, but could only recall her entrance to the show with flash backs of her 'flying' into the room with a large pair of angel wings on her back, so I wasn't too sure what to expect from the collection! However, after being treated to a cute complimentary pair of knickers in our goodie bag, the lingerie collection made its way down the runway. The two piece sets were beautifully delicate and feminine, from pretty pastel pinks to provocative reds and cerises.



























The swimwear was also a success with a mix of bikinis in floral, polkadot, striped and classic coloured sets. Although I can imagine not the easiest to pull off, the cut-out one pieces with open backs brought a new chic twist to the traditional style. My personal favourite was the monochrome panel piece set!


























After the Caprice show... sunglasses at the ready...came Bjorn Borg showcasing Mens and Womens underwear and swimwear! The show was brilliantly colourful, with bright graphics, 80's fluorescents and a sporty edge in no doubt paying homage to the Wimbledon legend! The show really did lift everyones' mood!






























Styled by Nikki, the boxer banded shorts and string tie bikinis were teamed with loud wristbands, block shades and equally colurful satchels and duffle bags!












































Unfortunately I was not able to go to the Callum Best show, so for myself and Manchester that was the end of our first fashion week!

All the posts on the shows are on http://www.mcrfashionweek.com/

 Roll on Manchester Fashion Week 2013!

 


5 comments :

  1. Ooh, I'm so jealous that you got to go! Borg's stuff is so lovely and summery it makes me want to get myself on the beach immediately!
    Mel x
    http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie, Thanks for your comment! Yes I felt exactly the same! I hope summer hurries up!
    Justine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to go to the beach now!! I figured the problem out! following you now Justine!!
    xx
    I Want It All
    Facebook
    My Pinterest

    PS: Please disable word verification

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think we've all got the summer vibes! ah Thank you June! I will have a look to disable word verification!

      Justine xx

      Delete
  4. i recently bought two pairs and they are really tight... normally once i have worn jeans from other shops like miss selfridge and one pair from french connection twice they go baggy but with these primark ones they don't.. im really surprised because i never shop in primark for anything but the jeans i bought are really good especially for the price £8.00!!!! im going back to get another pair!! I suggest you primark manchester opening times through this you get more results about primark manchester .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comenting on my blog! I will always take the time to reply as soon as I can! If you would like to ask me something directly, tweet me @fashionmixbag

Justine xx